Suzy Q's Life

*Things I Like * Things I Don't Like*

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Few Stolen Moments

This kids are quietly watching the rabbit cartoon that comes on after "Scrat Goes Nutty" (we've seen this DVD a dozen times but I always forget the rabbit's name) so I'm able to sum up my week for you.

Let's just skip talking about work. I'm drained from talking about it to G-, and it's really just a rerun of the same plot, same ending.

I've been working diligently on a beach bag for my first trip to the beach in nearly 10 years (not counting the Outer Banks). I used my day last Sunday to go bathing suit shopping. Have you ever gone bathing suit shopping the day before Labor Day? Not that there were a lot of shoppers, just that there was a severe shortage of bathing suits. We had to go to six stores, but we finally found one for Say-say and one for me. I'm actually excited about going. I can't wait to see how Say-say and Bobo react to the waves. I'll bring some knitting with me, but me and G- are going to split the kids. I'll watch one, he'll watch the other. And it won't be one of these things where I look up from my book and don't know which way they went. I'm a very overprotective mommy. Not only will I know where my child is, I'll probably be sitting right beside him. The bag I'm making will be used for sunscreen, beach toys, towels maybe, anything I can fit into it. I might make two just to be sure.

This has been a fairly uneventful week (well no events that I can really speak about). I had a few days off, but the days on drained me. I know I said let's not talk work, but I can't even convey the disgust and contempt I've been dealing with, both within myself and from outside parties. It's draining because I'm not that type of person so it messes with my psyche.

Well, this has been a rather uninspiring post. Let's wrap it up here, maybe I'll have more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home