Suzy Q's Life

*Things I Like * Things I Don't Like*

Friday, July 28, 2006

Deep Thought

I have a thousand thoughts running through my head, a mile a minute, how cliche. I have a terrible time taming them (what alliteration) and taking them down on paper (blog post - whatever).

I noticed today as I was working the patient accounts on the A/R how much like a piano the keyboard is. Maybe that's why work is so enjoyable when I get to just sit and type, when the accounts all come together, the balances are all correct, refunds are administered, what can I play next?

I told a woman at work the other day that I'm a creativity snob. It's true. I can't bear to watch a poorly directed film, listen to choppy flat music, or read uninspired writing. (I have a thing for threes, but they don't have a thing for me). A film has to connect with all the senses, music has to soar, writing has to flow. I watched an excellent movie the other day with G-. "Capote." Incredible. A movie to appeal to all the senses. Thoughtful, well-written, well-acted. Engrossing. I hadn't thought much about the content when G- asked me to watch it with him (well after the little ones had gone down for the night, not quite "Monsters Inc" enough for them), but the director put this film together in such a way that I noticed his touch in every scene. Excellent.
Music has escaped me lately. My favorites on my profile will speak for themselves. The music that does interest me is thought-provoking, soul-catching, soaring (there's that word again, can you see it?)
As for books, I've been on a Harry Potter fact-finding mission for so long that I can't afford to pick up another book until I uncover all the clues (I only have until next year, on book 5 now). Funny how coincidence puts arrows in your path. As I was forming my next thought, the commercial came on in the background. "The Night Listener" by Armistead Maupin. I've had this book since it came out in paperback in 2000. Talk about inspired writing. This man is one of my all-time favorite authors anyway, but this book was like that first sip of Sierra Mist after driving the long hot journey home from work (I just can't put the air on, I just can't). I must find a way to see the movie next week.

This has been an inspired post for me as well, creatively speaking. I found a fascinating site today, just randomly browsing blogger's blogs. Check her out. You won't regret it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home