Suzy Q's Life

*Things I Like * Things I Don't Like*

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Bring Melanie Back!

Well, I'm going to forgo my knitting/lunch hour to blog today. My husband,G-, called me at work to tell me that our favorite children's program's hostess has been fired. I'm speaking of the one and only Melanie Martinez. She used to host a children's show called "The Goodnight Show" on PBS Sprout. As the website says, she was fired last week. She did a couple of stupid commercials 7 years ago that showed up on youtube.com. (I'm not going to link to them, I don't want to encourage it.) She told PBS about them and was consequently fired.
If you've never seen Melanie, you're missing out. She's perky, cheerful, happy, everything in a kids' show hostess you could ask for. She is the most natural person on TV. G- and me always look at her and think she can't be for real, no one is that happy and perky. She's like the Wiggles, only better.
Besides, did you know that George Carlin and Alec Baldwin do voiceovers on Thomas the Tank Engine (which plays on the Goodnight Show)? Do we really need to pull their histories??? And look at Sesame Street! Do we start pulling everyone off of that show who has done the same thing Melanie has done and worse???
Okay then, now for your part.
Write Sprout (Sandy_wax@sproutletsgrow.com,
Jenni_glenn@sproutletsgrow.com,
sprout_network@comcast.com,
info@sproutletsgrow.com).
Sign petitions. (Here's another one.)
Please please please help us bring Melanie back. The Goodnight Show will never be the same without her (or course if they don't bring Melanie back, Sprout won't be shown in my house again)....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home