Suzy Q's Life

*Things I Like * Things I Don't Like*

Monday, July 24, 2006

Monday

This has to go down as one of the top ten worst mornings ever. It's one of those days where you don't even hope things are going to get better. You know if anyone wants to tell you about something, you already know something went wrong. I started off my day with a call from an employee who couldn't get to work. No problem. I was on time getting out of my house (which is unusual for me), but I happened to read a CNN story this morning about a family that was trying to flee Lebanon who's car was bombed. Dad's dead. Of the rest, two teens are in surgery, the other two children (8 yrs and an infant) are screaming in pain before passing out, and Mom's left to try and hold everything together. I don't care what's going on over there anymore, JUST MAKE IT STOP.
I'm actually glad Rice is over there. That's scary because I'm strongly against this administration so when I'm glad one of their people is on the job, you know something's dreadfully wrong.
I watch Anderson Cooper every night, hoping for the best, but mainly just wishing he'd get his ass home. I watch all these people having to leave their lives behind. This is insanity. I understand the rational. Israel wants its soldiers back. I don't think Hezbollah should have took them.
I saw an interview on CNN with Anderson Cooper and a Lebanese gentleman. The gentleman said Hezbollah had traded hostages with Israel before, why is this any different? Let me repeat that : "WHY IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT?" Maybe because Israel is tired of having to do it. I really don't understand the whole Israel vs the whole Arab world thing. I don't pretend to. But I do understand the pain I see on these people's faces, and nothing should cause that.

As for the rest of the morning, I can't even go into it. I haven't decided if I'm going to tell friends and family about this blog. I kind of just want somewhere to vent, but I also want to share things, happy things, so until I decide, I will refrain from any obvious jabs but I will say this. I usually go to lunch at 12:30. I spent an hour trying to fix a computer at the front desk of the medical office for whom I work then went to lunch around 1:30. I don't even want to think about how the rest of the day's going to go. But thinking about those poor people stuck in the fighting has put it all into perspective for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home